Friday 30 April 2010

Friday feeling

Well the 7am swim didn't happen. Phil had tummy pains! But we did go at lunchtime so managed to get a 40 min swim in. I used to be a competition swimmer when I was younger. I'm still a strong swimmer but nowhere near what I used to be. Serves me right for letting myself go. But i'm determined to improve, especially as one of my goals is to complete in a triathlon.



Breakfast was a banana and slice of soya and linseed bread with almond butter. Had no milk this morning so couldn't have oatmeal!!! :-(





Thought i'd put a couple of pics up to show the room where I usually work out. This is our spare room. Got the cross trainer in there and some weights, swiss ball, resistance bands etc





On the door in front of the cross trainer I have my inspiration board/pictures. Keeps me going!






I was using some turkey mince for dinner this evening and needed to use the other half of the pack up. So I decided to make us turkey burgers in pitta pockets.

Just put the mince in a bowl, added some crushed cumin seeds and finely chopped onion and a handful of breadcrumbs. Shaped into patties and grilled about 5-8 mins each side. They were too fat for the pitta so had to cut them in half- just in case you thought I was being a piggy and having 2 burgers!







In the pitta I had lettuce, cucumber, chopped coriander, sprinkle of low fat cheese and splash of sweet chilli sauce. Was really yummy.






This afternoon I had a 2 hour thai massage that my mum treated me to. It was amaaaaaaaaazing! I feel like a new person. She did top to toe and I think i fell asleep for about 45 mins! Lol

My dad said for me to book another and he'll pay! Get in!!!!!!!!

Once I got back I got straight onto dinner which was turkey meatballs with tomato sauce and spaghetti.

First I did the same as with the burgers above but left out the cumin. Shaped into balls and placed on a baking tray and into the oven at 200 for 10 mins.

Mean while sauteed some chopped garlic, added a can of chopped tomatoes, 2 teaspoons of sugar, Italian herbs and couple of drops of tabasco sauce. Then add the meatballs into the sauce and cook for 5 mins.

Serve with spaghetti and sprinkle of low fat cheese. Yummyness








Then settled on the sofa for the evening and then was a bit naughty as we shared a bag of chilli heatwave doritos and salsa. They really are soooo yummy though! So not healthy at all but I did stay within my points and I don't claim to be healthy all the time. I'm just trying to be healthy most of the time!

Anyhow it's sooo late and I have a snoring Phil next to me so off to catch some Zzzz's.

Catch you tomorrow
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment