Tuesday 18 May 2010

Stupid rotten cold!

Still got my cold. So still not feeling up to doing my workouts which is really annoying. Plus the cough I have is one of those annoying ones that never seems to actually do anything. Even though you cough it doesn't clear your through. Pointless!!!
Yesterday was weigh in day. I was feeling a little sick in the morning so could only stomach an activia natural yogurt. Think it could have been the pizza the night before :-(
For a snack I had celery, carrot and a few Doritos with low fat houmous.

Lunch was a small pack of sushi. Not had sushi for a while so it was a nice treat.

An afternoon snack was a nice cuppa with a smartie cookie I made. It's a weight watcher version and they are so yum and work out at 2 points.

Here's the recipe:
Makes 8 cookies- 2 points each


100g low fat spread
50g golden caster sugar/brown sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
150g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarb of soda
2 x tubes of smarties


1. Preheat oven to gas mark 6/200 c/180 c fan oven

2. Mix the low fat spread and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Then beat in the golden syrup and vanilla extract. Stir in the flour, baking powder and bicarb of soda to form a soft cookie dough.

3. Divide the mix into 8 balls and place on non stick baking tray and press down to form flat circles.

4. Bake in oven for 8-10 mins until golden and slightly risen. Then remove form oven and press 4-5 smarties onto each cookie straight away. leave to cool on tray for 10 mins then transfer to cooling rack.
They will keep for about 3 days in airtight container. Enjoy!!
I then had my weigh in and I wasn't holding out much hope for this week but lost 0.5lb which is better than nothing. Then it was home to have a starter cooked by Phil- vegetable fritters with a poached egg. They are soooo good. Sorry didn't take a pic! Then for dinner we had a roast chicken with veg.


Today I started the day with Weetabix mini's and a cup of coffee. Mid morn I had another smartie cookie :-)

I then popped to see my sis and mum at lunchtime and took my sister into town for an appointment. Got myself a new Terry Pratchett book- "Witches Abroad" and then back home.

Lunch I had some more sushi :-)

Dinner was a chilli beef stirfy with lots of veggies.

Then for pud I made a nice weight watchers pud- Cherry Chocolate pots for 3.5 points each.



Serves 2
425g can of pitted black cherries- drained
10g plain chocolate, melted
150g virtually fat free cherry yogurt
2 x weight watchers Belgian chocolate slices. Each cut into 6 chunks


1. Put half the cherries into a jug/blender and whizz until smooth. Stir in the melted chocolate.

2. Share the choc-cherry sauce between 2 glasses/bowls and arrange the cherries, yogurt and chocolate pieces in alternating layers- yummy!
Finished the night off with left over carrots, celery, doritos and houmous.


Need to get back on track pointing tomorrow. Past couple of days i haven't been very good at it and it's so easy to over eat. MIght also see how I go doing 30 mins on the cross trainer as it would have been a week tomorrow since I last did a workout!!




















No comments:

Post a Comment