Monday 18 October 2010

Do you sushi? I do!

Hi guys, hope you are all having a fab day.

Today I had lunch at my fave place- yo sushi. Little bites of pure heaven. I could eat there every day no problemo!


Breakfast was oats with Agave Nectar and a cup of organic coffee and rice milk


After a few appointments this afternoon I was feeling pretty drained so treated myself with a chillout watching Sex & the City Movie for the 200th time :-)

The lovely guys at Mule Bar sent me some free sample to taste. So far I've had the Hunza Nut and Mango Tango energy bars. These guys pride themselves on 100% natural ingredients so I couldn't wait to try them. The packaging is cute and looks fun so that was a thumbs up. The 2 I tried are kinda like a flapjack and both were so scrummy. You can really taste the mango in the Mango tango and they were much moister than I thought they would be, some cereal bars are like sawdust! But the Hunza nut was my fave so far. Really yummy flavours and really hit the spot. Phil tried the Liquorice one as I cannot stand it! He wasn't a fan. he said the creal bar consistency was nice but couldn't get it head round the liquorice in it. But he isn't a massive fan of it anyway. I've got a few more to try which I'll update you on as I eat them. But so far i'm impressed.


The nutritional breakdown is:

Hunza Nut 65g bar
Kcal 233
Fat 4g
Sat fat 0.6g
Fibre 3g
Protein 4g
Carb 44g

Mango Tango 65g bar
Kcal 241
Fat 5g
Sat fat 1g
Fibre 2g
Protein 6g
Carb 44g

Dinner was satay prawns with brown rice pad thai noodles for me and Chicken satay for phil. Yumness! And sorry for no pic!

As you know I'v been looking at vegan/veggie diets a fair bit and want to dabble in them and see what I like. Next week I've decided the following breakdown:

Mon- Veggie
Tues- Vegan
Wed- Vegan
Thurs- normal day
Fri- Veggie
Sat- Veggie
Sun- Veggie

That being said even on non vegan days I'm going to try and eat like a vegan where possible i.e. still having my rice milk and vegan butter etc but it means I can be a bit more adventurous with my meals.

Right I'm off to do some meal planning!!!

Jess xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jess,

    Looking forward to hearing how you get on with your veggie / vegan eating, I'm pretty much in exactly the same place as you right now - looking and transisioning to at least a part vegan diet :-)

    ReplyDelete