Wednesday 13 October 2010

Happy Hump day!

Hi guys,

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. My bad.

Today I had a nice lie in as didn't have a cupcake class to do. For breakfast I had 2 slices of wholegrain toast with honey. Sorry no pic!

Lunch was Thyme-roasted Gem Squash I missed out the cream though as wanted to make it a bit healthier.


I watched cupcake wars and then chillaxed on the sofa and watched Bridget Jone's diary as I haven't seen it for ages and it fit in perfectly with my chill day!

My books came yesterday- The Kind Diet and Clean & Lean Diet. Last night I started The Kind Diet and I couldn't put it down. I got to Chapter 7 before I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. I'm thinking about eating a more veggie/vegan diet. And this book was recommended to me. I was a vegetarian when I was a teen and then just gave it up. But I miss it. I'm not sure how I'm going to approach it yet and may not follow it as strictly- e.g I love eggs, prawns, fish and honey but a more of a flexitarian diet combining vegan/vegetarian with a day here or there with lean milk or fish. I'm just rambling! I'll let you know once I've figured out what i'm going to do. The good thing about The Kind Diet is there are different levels to follow. You can start as a "flirt" and move to a "superhero".

I also baked some cupcakes today. Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes drizzled with maple syrup- yummy!

Here are some Christmas cupcakes too


Dinner was roasted pumpkin speltotto (spelt risotto) it was pretty good actually!


As it's freezing tonight me and Phil fancied oatmeal with walnuts, PB and choc as pudding- delish!!!

Question for today:

What goals did you set for 2010 or still want to achieve?

Mine are:

  • Lose another stone which will take me to 4 stone lost this year.
  • I want to find a job! I've been out of work since July and money is getting seriously tight! I want something close to home and for a bit less money so I don't have such a stressful job as before. Just doesn't seem to be a lot about
  • Seriously up my exercise. As you've probably read i've been a bit slack since my operation and with moving home and i've still not got back into a routine.
Right off to read some more of The Kind Diet before bed!
Night all

Jess
xx


1 comment:

  1. I've just taken The Kind Diet out from the library, I can't wait to have a really good read of it too x

    ReplyDelete